Wednesday 11 April 2012

Easter Basket


Last year, just before Easter, I found this pattern in my old pattern stash.  It belonged to my Aunty Lynn, who made it for her daughter (my cousin) Sarah.  When was the last time you saw a pattern for $3.50?  1981, that's when.



 I cut out the pieces, and started creating this little basket, but my sewing machine was acting up, and refused to sew through all the layers.  Annoyed, and frustrated, I put all the pieces in a zip-lock bag and stored it away.  Flash forward one year, and I now have a new Japanese sewing machine that can sew through anything.  I decided to give it a try again.


I am so pleased with the results!  It was finished AFTER this year's egg hunt, but at least it DID get finished on the Easter weekend - right?

It went together so nicely, and the majority was done on the machine, with only finishing touches done by hand.  It took quite some time, but it was worth it.



Now, I think about the other things that can be made by using this weaving and quilting technique. Place mats, coasters, mats and rugs.  Nah...I've got too many other projects that are on the go.  Keep those ideas on the back-burner! (for now)

1 comment:

  1. cool! I bet it was very rewarding to sew it on that Janome! purrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete