Friday 18 November 2011

Out of the drawer and onto the wall


A couple of weekends ago, I found myself on a Sunday afternoon, sans husband and child, at my local Value Village.  I snatched up a fantastic hinged display box with a fabric backing, originally from Pottery Barn.  It looked like it had never been used, except for the dried corsage that was displayed in it.  I knew what I was going to use it for right away.


I've been collecting these colourful patches for quite some time.  One was from a hat we found hiding in the wall while we were doing a repair job on our house, one belonged to my late father-in-law, and one from my dad's old uniform.  Some are used, and some are new. They are all beautiful. They've been stuffed in a drawer in a zip-lock bag for many years, and are undeniably Canadian.

My favourite is the "wear a moustache" patch. 






No comments:

Post a Comment